Control and Command Ants in Your Way
Seeing ants in your home and looking for a professional ant controller, then Fast Ant Control Melbourne is here to solve your problem. They love to live in colonies because they are social insects. Ants enter inside your house in search of food and shelter. They come inside the house through the small gap or hole and find their source of food.
Ant prefers to eat sugar-based and protein-based things. They produce the fragrance termed as the pheromone that helps other ants to follow them. You can easily spot them. Ants create a danger to your health and the property.
Fast Ant Control Melbourne deals with all types of ants effectively with the expert team. They scavenge through the unsanitary and garbage area for their food. Control of ant is required because they grow from one small hole to the dozen of ants.
Signs of Ant Infestation
Visual Sight of Ants
Ants are black, long and do not have wings to fly. If you have seen the ants near your home commonly, then it is a symptom that ants are living inside your home.
Debris and Frass
The solid waste left by the colony of ant is known as frass. Even though if you don’t see the ants and they are living with you, then you can detect their frass. Ant also chews the wooden material of your home and creates the debris from that wooden material.
Nests of Ant
Ants don’t often build their nests within your home, but infestations are usually accompanied by nests near the house, or even adjacent to outside walls. Look for tiny dirt mounds with lots of ants milling around. They will seem small and insignificant, but just beneath the surface, there are countless ants.
Life Cycle of Ant
The life cycle of ants includes four stages.
1. Egg: The ant life begins with an egg. The eggs are soft, oval-shaped, and tiny in size. All the eggs of the ants do not go to the last stage as some of them are eaten by the nestmates to gain extra nourishment.
2. Larva: The egg hatches into a larva that looks similar to the worm that has no eyes and legs. They depend on the adult ants for the nourishment. They eat food from them and grow rapidly by molting their skin.
3. Pupa: When the larva increases in size, they have a silk-like cocoon around itself. This stage is the recognition and rest phase of the egg. They firstly remain white in the starting and then becomes darker.
4. Adult: Finally, at the last stage, the egg gets developed into the adult. The ants that are in the young phase are lighter in color as compared with adult ants. The process of development from eggs to adults takes several times. The growth of ant also depends on the species and the environment.
Why Do you Need Ant Control Service Melbourne?
Ants are small, beside they work hard and produce great damage to your health and property. You can find them around the carpet edges, doors, windows, and all the areas of the kitchen. They make their nest and take their food source to that place because nest is their habitat. They create damage to your wooden furniture and the outside area of your house by creating their nest therefore they must be controlled.
Ants lay down the pheromone fragrance that as a result invites the other ants to that location. Ants cause risk to your health. Because of quickly building up the colonies, ants become a constant source of irritation for you. Also, some of the ant bites create pain. To control such irritating pests, you should probably call Fast Pest Control Melbourne. The practical and budget-friendly solutions regarding ant control is delivered to our clients. We are available all the time. Our expert technicians reach your doorstep instantly after booking.
Premises We Cover To Eliminate Ant Problems
- Shopping centers
- Childcare Centers
In short, we cover all the areas, even those that are not on the list.
Ants that Invade You
1. Acrobat Ants
The acrobat ant gets their name due to their body structure as they have the ability to raise their abdomen over their head and thorax. They are relatively small in size. Ants have a segmented body, and their abdomen similarly resembles the shape of the heart. You can notice these ants inside your home on utility lines, pipes coming into the wall, and on the wires. They are found in different species in light brown to black.
2. Argentine Ants
The worker ant of these categories are about 2.2 to 2.8 mm in length and has a single node. Ants have different colors ranging from light brown to dark brown. The shaded areas in the summer are the preferred locations of the ants. Ants emit a musty smell during their work. These types of ants are not able to sting. If you are infested with Argentine ants, then its most similar symptom seems like is trails of ants.
3. European Fire Ants
The worker of European fire ants are 4 to 5 mm long. These species of the ants have two nodes, and color varies from ants to ant. Most of them are reddish-brown. They prefer to live outside during the summer season, mostly in lawn, gardens, and shrubbery. During the cold seasons, they prefer warm areas that have moisture.
4. Carpenter Ants
Different species of carpenter ants are available all across Melbourne. They have a large variety and have a broad physical description. The length of a worker ant is between 6 to 13 mm. Probably they do not eat the wooden material, but they excavate it to make their habitat. They certainly prefer to live outside in lumber or tree.
5. Crazy Ant
The crazy ants have incredibly long legs and antenna. The size of the worker ant varies from 2.2 to 3 mm. They make their colonies in the dry and moist environment. Inside the house, you can notice them consequently under the carpet, wall voids, and in the house plant. If they are distributed, then they move around sporadically. They can not bite because they do not have stingers.
6. Dark Over Ants
The length of these ants is 1.6 mm. They are medium to dark brown. The large colony size of these ants creates a nuisance. They do not stings. They even more prefer to make sweet liquid as their food source. You can notice them near peoples and under the object that are on the ground.
7. Asian Needle Ant
Asian Needle ant are 5 mm long and have one node only. They are brown and black and have dark orange mandibles on their bodies. These types of ants prefer to live in high moist areas where sheds are available. They are less aggressive. The bite of this ant causes pain and welt to humans.
8. Field Ant
The length of a worker ant is between 4 to 8 mm. They are in a variety of colors, including brown, black, mixed red, and yellow-brown. You will mostly found them indoors. They can bite because they have stingers.
Tips to Prevent Ant Infestation
- Keep your home and kitchen places clean.
- Don’t leave any evidence of a meal for the ants so that they make their nest inside your house.
- Repair all the gaps and crakes that are visible to you, as these sources are liked by the ants to make their habitat.
- Do not leave the eatable ingredients at any place. Therefore keep them at a proper home and in the container.
- Keep all the entry points blocked for the ants.
- If you have a pet inside your house, then don’t leave the pet food outside.
- You can spend the pesticides on the ant’s outsides the house.
- Eliminate all the sources of the ant that provides the way inside your house.
- If you notice ants inside your premises, then it is best to use the baits at those locations.
- Wipe out the places where some sweet liquid was kept available.
The Best Side of Fast Ant Control Melbourne
- We provide the effective way to eliminate the pests.
- Our pest control solution are available for 24×7 hours.
- We provide same-day service after booking.
- The services offered by the Fast Ant Control Melbourne Team are eco-friendly.
- Complete care of kids and pets during the treatment.
- Our expert technicians use latest tools and techniques.
- We provide residential and commercial services at an affordable price.
- All our quotes are obligation-free.
Process to Control Ants
To control the ants in the right way, the Fast Ant Control Melbourne uses different methods to manage them.
- Using Baits:
The experts of Fast Ant Control Melbourne, inspect the affected place and provides the baits treatment to ants. The bait works and provides the result therefore wait for at least 3 to 4 days. Placing the baits at the right place gives effective results. For the best effect, baits should be reapplied. The baits work faster and provide a long-lasting outcome.
2. Application of Dust:
Our expert technicians use the best-desired chemicals in the form of dust to the places that are most affected by the ants. Dust are applied in all the areas that are seen with ants infestation.
3. Use of Pesticides:
Pesticides are used by our expert technicians to spray over the perimeter of your house. The used chemicals are non-toxic and safe for kids, pets, and the environment. It will block the entry doors for the ant.
DIY to Control Ants
You can control ants with some useful home remedies. You can follow some of them.
1. Lemon Juice
Lemon juice distracts the scent that is used by the ants to identify their food source. The mixer of lemon and water works as multi purpose spray that can be used as the places that are seen with ants.2. Peppermint
Mint act as a natural repellent for ants. Ants do not like the smell of essential oils that are generated by the peppermint. Apply the spray of the peppermint directly to the ants. The ants that come directly in contact with the spray get terminated from the house.
3. Borax, sugar, and water
The cake form of borax, water, and sugar gives slow results on the ants, but it is an effective solution against ants. The ant worker took away the solid cube with themselves at their colonies by understanding them as a food ingredient.
4. Dish Soap and Water
Applying the dish soap and water solution provides the excellent result against ants. Boiling water swipe way the nest of the ants and destroys their habitat, thus eliminating them from your premises.
Prepare a solution of water and vinegar in the spray bottle. You can apply it on the ants directly to control them. Use it on the windowsills, doors, and other places that are the entry points of the ants.
6. Food-Grade Diatomaceous Earth
Food-Grade Diatomaceous Earth is a non-toxic killer for ants. It is an off-white talc-like powder that is used to control the ants. Diatomaceous Earth kills all the ants and other crawling pests effectively.
Why Choose Us?
We are a leading and certified pest control company. Our focus is to deliver standard and excellent pest control outcomes. We also deliver local pest control services at an affordable cost.
- Use of eco-friendly products
- Professional and highly efficient methods
- Staff with apt Australian certifications
- Prompt response and guaranteed results
- Best services at an affordable price
- Same day pest control services available
- Use of the latest tools and equipment along with effective pest control strategies
- 24*7 availability and emergency services available
Frequently Asked Questions on Ant Control Melbourne:
Ants have a very keen sensor to detect the smell of food. To find the food source, ants walk randomly. They leave pheromone behind their path that helps the other ant to follow them, and also they use that scent to go back to their nest.
There are several ways to eliminate the ants from the kitchen source. Firstly identify the type of ants that are around your kitchen area. Search for the entry marks of the ants. If ants are living inside your kitchen, then there must be the nest of ants. You can use the solution of vinegar and water or lemon or any scent of essential oils that distract the ants from their destination. Also you can call Fast Ant Control Melbourne to have the complete solution of ants.
The average life of the ants differs from group to group. The queen member of the ants lives for about 30 years likewise the worker lives for 1 to 3 years.
Yes, salt is an effective killer for the ants. Salt dries the skeleton of the ants and thereby kills them. You can spray it directly on the skin of the ant to control them.
Fast Pest Control Melbourne uses the chemicals that do not cause any harm to your pets, kids, and the environment. All the services that are delivered by our end is safe and effective. Our services are reliable and cost-effective.
Ants because of their adequate sensing power, very quickly identify the source of their food. Because they find their food source, they pass the message to the other ants, and the ants took away that food to their colony.