Cockroaches unarguably are the most hated pests on the planet. They bring diseases, make the environment dirty, damage household things and above all, look horrible. Once they find their way to your house and make themselves comfortable there, it is quite hard to get rid of them. You can expect to find them everywhere in the house damaging your belongings. These things could be anything including your books, electronics, food, and more. Though it seems impossible to remove roaches from your place, this can be achieved.
The market is flooded with a number of insecticides that can have severe effects on these nasty creatures and help you in cockroach removal. But, if you don’t want to bring these harsh chemicals home for the sake of your family’s health, then we have some natural ways too.
5 Natural Ways to Kill Cockroaches
Baking Soda and Sugar
Baking soda and sugar, both these products are the essential members of our kitchen. When combined, they become a powerful home remedy to kill the roaches. But before setting the bait for them, it is important to find out their hiding places. This remedy is so effective in cockroach control that you can notice a decline in their population.
- Mix ¼ cup of baking soda with the same amount of sugar in a bowl.
- Sprinkle the mixture in the area where you have noticed cockroach infestation.
- Leave the bait and wait for the results.
- Repeat the process as and when needed.
The sugar present in the mixture will attract the roaches and baking soda will react with the acid present in their stomach to kill them.
Boric acid is one of the most effective remedies, helpful in cockroach removal and has been widely used for the purpose. Including roaches, it is also effective in killing a number of other pests. As soon as the roaches come in contact with boric acid, they die. You need to sprinkle the acid to the places where you have notice cockroach infestation. There are a few points you need to keep in mind while sprinkling the acid across your place:
- Sprinkle only small amount of acid.
- Wet boric acid is ineffective.
Note: Keep the acid out of the reach of kids and pets, as it can be harmful on consumption. Long-term exposure to the acid can make you and your family ill.
Fabric softener is one of the best products effective in cockroach removal. But this remedy demands a bit of action from your end. You will need to make a solution and spray it on the roaches when you see them wandering and enjoying their lives across the house.
- Add 3 parts of fabric softener with 1 part of baking soda in a spray bottle.
- Mix the solution well.
- Spray the solution on roaches when you spot them.
This is a thick solution, hence it is important to shake the spray bottle before squirting it on the roaches. This solution sticks to the skin of these pests, which suffocate and kill them. This is a really effective remedy for cockroach controlling when there are massive cockroach infestations in the home.
Bay leaves are also the good alternative for cockroach controlling, it does not kill them but helps to keep them away from your home. Cockroaches hate the smell of bay leaves and work as a repellent for them.
- Take dry bay leaves and crush them in a bowl.
- Make the thin powder of the leaves.
- Sprinkle the powder to the places of cockroach infestation.
Just like humans, cockroaches love coffee too! Hence, coffee can be used as the ingredient for trapping and killing cockroaches.
- Apply Vaseline or any other petroleum jelly to a jar from the inside.
- Fill the jar with coffee grounds and pour water.
- Put the jar at the place where cockroaches wander frequently.
- Empty the jar every morning to dump the dead roaches out.
- Repeat the process until the roaches stop entering the jar.
Cockroaches can survive in water for 40 minutes. And in case, they are completely submerged, they can breathe for 30 minutes. Therefore, applying petroleum jelly to the jar is important, so they can’t crawl out of it.
General Tips to Remove Cockroaches Naturally:
- Cockroaches usually appear outside because they cannot endure in hot temperature we can block the opening to prevent them from entering our houses.
- Get rid of all the accumulated water sources wherever it is available all pests need water to survive.
- Set adhesive glue nets near the areas where the cockroaches hide.
Make a home-made cockroach bait.
Take the Professional Help
When you notice that cockroach infestation has increased badly and there is no time to use the home remedies, the best way is to take the professional help. Fast Pest Control is one of the best companies offering effective service to pest control cockroaches in your home. You can call us anytime for the cockroach removal or any other pest control services. We use environment-friendly medicines that are not harmful to your family and make your home free from pests.